If you are anything like me, you’re probably going stir crazy in your home all day. If you have a child at home, you probably have already questioned your existence and patience at-least 10 times TODAY lol
I created a list of things you can do with your significant other (or children) if you are bored and need something to keep you busy.
Date Night Ideas:
1. Paint & Sip
Grab some canvases, paint, and brushes from Michaels (they deliver + curbside pick up). Find a photo on google, usually people will draw foods or sunsets, choose something meaningful to the both of you.
2. Board Games + Card Games
Target has an entire section in the store for boardgames or you can get them delivered. In my house, we love playing UNO and scrabble. Heads Up is also a quick and fun game to play on your cell phone.
3. Cook Dinner together
Plan out dinner for the week and after working from home, go to the kitchen and take turns preparing a meal.
4. Create new workout routine together
– I know….DAUNTING! lol There is no better time to create a workout routine. My friend once told me “it only takes 21 days to form a habit”. Well, we have more than 21 days left of this quarantine.
5. Start a new TV series (Hulu + Netflix)
Here’s some recommendations:
– This is Us (Intense Family Drama)
– Ozark (Suspense + Family + Drug Cartel)
– Bates Motel (Dark + Family Drama + Suspense)
– Bob’s Burgers (Cartoon + Dry Humor)
– Handmaids Tale (Drama + New World Stuff)
– The Good Place (Humor)
– Breaking Bad (Drama + Drug Cartel)
– Top Boy (I just love this show)
6. Read a chapter of a book together before bed.
For all my book worms, find a book with your kids and/or spouse and make it a routine to read it right before bed. It creates bonding time and a way to settle down before closing your eyes.
7. During work breaks go outside and take a walk.
If you are working from home, it’s important to just get up and keep moving. On your “lunch break” go outside get fresh air and move your muscles, your body will thank you later!
8. Order take out and watch a movie (Hulu + Netflix)
Here’s some recommendations:
– Spiderman: Into The Spiderverse (Cartoon + I just love this movie)
– Spenser Confidential (Action)
– A Fall from Grace (Tyler Perry + Drama)
– Room (Suspense)
– A Quiet Place (Horror + Drama)
– Bird Box (Post-Apocalyptic Thriller)
9. Create a TIkTok
LOL. You may think it’s for children but it can be a great bonding experience for the family and your significant other. Even if you don’t plan on recording a video, watching them is even more funny. You’ll thank ME later!
10. Start/Finish your home projects!
There’s absolutely no excuse as to why your home projects should be put on hold. Home Depot and Lowes are open too! Get started on those projects and move on to the next. It’s even better when you get to do it together. Make it fun!
Hope this compiled list was helpful and helps you stay busy for the next 30 days!
Let me know what you think about it!